Apple Pie Bake-off Contest
September 19th, 2 PM, at the Gardendale Civic Center
$50.00 first prize
1/2 bushel apples second prize
8 quarts of apples third prize
Small basket of apples for remaining contestants
The contest will be held rain or shine; in case of rain,
the event will be held inside the civic center.
1. Registration and apples must be purchased from the Hazelrig
Orchard’s booth or at their stand at 64235 US Highway 231, Cleveland,
2. Pre-registration is required; the deadline is Wednesday
September 18th at 1 PM. See Hazelrig Orchard’s booth/stand or the
market manager if you have questions. Call Hazelrig Orchard at (205)
559-3819 or Jim Parola at 285-9170.
3. There must be at least 5 bake-off contestants to have the
4. By 1:45 PM (sharp), the pies must be turned in at the judging
booth to qualify.
5. Pies will be judged on taste (85%) and presentation (15%).
6. Professional businesses or bakers may not enter.
Knife, scissor, and lawn mower blades sharpened on this coming Thursday,
Aug. 29th and on our last day, Thursday, September 26th.